Thursday, December 10, 2009
| Category: Personal Development
I love personal development. I love talking about responsibility, character, integrity.
I subscribe to newsletters and blogs that help me develop as a person.
My hope is that this blog helps you become a better person, not just your physical health but overall well-being.
I have over 30 pages of quotes that I've accumulated over the last few years separated into categories like Action, Adversity, Discpline, Attitude, Character, Success, Leadership and many more.
I think quotes can provide you with some extra motivation when it may be down.
They help to give perspective and put good thoughts into your head...as long as you're reading uplifting messages and not negative ones.
So without further ado, here are my favorite quotes:
10. The best motivation is self-motivation. The guy says, "I wish someone would come by and turn me on." What if they don't show up? You've got to have a better plan for your life. Jim Rohn
9. I am responsible for teaching you good leadership, I am responsible for sharing things that can help add value to your life; but you are the only one who can take responsibility to change yourself. John Maxwell
8. Why do we complain but remain the same? Why do so many of us curse the effect but nourish the cause?
7. We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.
6. If you keep doing what you've always done, you're always going to get what you've already got.
5. You are not happy because you are well. You are well because you are happy. You are not depressed because trouble has come to you, but trouble has come because you were depressed. You can change your thoughts and feelings, and then the outer things will change to correspond, and indeed there is no other way of working. Emmet Fox
4. The biggest challenge you have is your own self-doubt and your laziness. It is your self-doubt and your laziness that define and limit who you are. It is your self-doubt and laziness that deny you the life you want.
3. Why do we dread adversity when it is only through it that we grow stronger. John Wooden
2. Work harder on yourself than you do on your job.
1. Health is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day; while disease is simply a few errors in judgment, repeated every day. It is the accumulative weight of our disciplines and our judgments that leads us to either health or disease.
There you have it.
I'm always on the hunt for new, inspiring quotes.
What are your favorite quotes? I'd love to hear some...just post them below.